Faculty and students can checkout books from the LWLC. The steps are as follows:
1. Locate and request items - Faculty and students can locate items in the catalog and e-mail me with a list of the items (a link to the catalog record/ call number would be very helpful in addition to your contact number/ email address). Students - please also provide your campus-wide ID number.
2. Book checkouts - Please allow at least 3 working days to retrieve the items. We will then set up a pickup area / pickup time. A set schedule where the Library Liaison (myself) will be at the Information Desk to coordinate pickups on a weekly basis will be forthcoming.
3. Book returns - Please place the books in the book drop by the doors for now. The book drop is located to the left of the LWLC's main doors (facing the Freedom Bell). We are investigating other methods of return. There may be a delay in check-in and return to circulation of a book due to recommended health guidelines.
4. Book renewals - Faculty and students can renew their checked-out items in the Library Catalog as follows:
a. Visit Library Homepage
b. Click Library Catalog (on page as well as Finding Books tab)
c. Click the "my account" button
d. Login the patron account with barcode and last name. Most barcodes are in the format as 20+ID+0
e. Find the item that needs renewal
f. Click renew.
Please note that online renewal is only possible before the due date. Please contact me and Mr. Zhang if your items are overdue and you still need them. We will waive overdue fees as long as the items are received.
5. E-books - They are available via log-in or free access depending on the resource. Please refer to Finding Books tab.
6. An automated check-out request form will be developed soon. In the meantime, please contact me via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We hope the above steps will be helpful. If you have questions or concerns, please let me know. Thank you for your assistance.
NF, NJ, DM, PW, JZ, MZ