Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093
Searching for books
- To find books by an author:
type the author's name in the search box, select "author", and search
- To find books about an author or a certain topic:
type the author's name or topic in the search box, select "subject", and search
- To find books available from other Montgomery area colleges at no charge:
go to the catalog, enter your search term/s, select "Libraries Worldwide" from the menu, and search. Select the item you want and enter your zip code to determine proximity.
- Keep it simple!
- Check your spelling! The catalog won't correct typos.
- Write down call numbers and locations to find the book on the shelf.
- Use quotation marks to search for phrases
"raisin in the sun"
- Use AND to narrow searches: records must contain both terms
poetry AND criticism
- Use OR to broaden searches: records can contain either term
poetry OR poems
- Use NOT to clarify searches: records cannot contain the term after NOT
chopin NOT frederic
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows you to borrow materials that are not available in the library such as books, periodical articles etc. ILL requests are made directly through WorldCat.
Montgomery Higher Education Consortioum
The Montgomery Higher Education Consortium allows you to have access to all library materials at other institutions in Montgomery. To use this service, ASU students should complete a form and obtain a Consortium sticker from the Information Desk. The other institutions include: Huntingdon College, Faulkner University, Auburn University Montgomery, and Troy University Montgomery.