Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093
Accessing Full-Text documents
To find full text:
- Check for PDF and HTML links near the citations within the databases.
- To view Table of Contents of select journals, go to eJournals on the library's homepage, search for a journal title, choose a database, and view the listing by volume and/or year.
- If full-text article(s) are unavailable, you may request them through the library's interlibrary loan service. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with requesting articles using this service.
- Search Library Catalog with Journal Title to find the journal volume. If our library has the volume and issue, the article can be scanned on the 1st floor and attached to your email.
- Search DOAJ, Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Search Google Scholar.
Databases for scholarly journal articles, dissertations, theses
Academic Search Complete Multi-disciplinary database provides full text for nearly 7,300 scholarly publications with coverage in virtually every subject area updated daily. Academic Search Premier is a section of this database.
Business Source Premier Updated on a daily basis, full text for nearly 7,600 scholarly business journals and other sources, including 1,100 peer-reviewed business publications and over 350 of the top scholarly journals dating as far back as 1922. Business Source Elite is a section of this database. (AVL)
Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition Over 520 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines and indexing for many more. Includes USP Pharmacopoeia DI: Volume II Advice for the Lay Patient and Stedman's Medical Dictionary. (AVL)
PubMed Service of the National Library of Medicine that provides access to over 11 million MEDLINE citations back to the mid-1960's and additional life science journals. PubMed includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources.
How to Find Articles
In order to find articles, first go to the LWLC homepage and select "Databases by Subject" in the blue box on the lower left hand portion of the page. Next, select the subject you're wanting to research such as "Health Sciences" (for Health Information Management). Finally, a new page will open with a list of databases relevant to that topic.