Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093
Praxis™ tests are offered on computer and paper, but not all tests are offered in both formats. To find out if you should take a test on paper or via computer, click here.
You can register by mail, by phone, or online.
For test center dates, click here.
What To Bring On Test Day
- Admission ticket and photo ID (or any other required acceptable and valid identification)
- If you are taking a paper-delivered test, bring three or four sharpened, soft lead (No. 2 or HB) pencils and a good eraser. These are not supplied by the test center. You may also wish to bring a blue or black pen for any constructed-response (essay) portion of your test, if applicable.
- If you are taking a computer-delivered test, please do NOT bring your own pencils or erasers. They will be supplied by the test center.
- A calculator if allowed for your test (see Calculator Use)
- If you are taking (0135) Art: Content and Analysis, you must bring four color photographs or still reproductions of your own artwork in two different media. Each image must be of a different work and must be clear and show the complete artwork.
No Personal Items
- Please note: Cell phones, smartphones (e.g., BlackBerry® or iPhone® devices, etc.), PDAs and/or any other electronic, photographic, scanning, recording or listening devices are not permitted at the test center at all. If you bring such devices to the test center, you will be dismissed from the test, your test fees will be forfeited and your scores from all tests taken that day will be canceled. If you are seen ACCESSING such a device, for ANY reason, in addition to the above conditions, the device will be confiscated and inspected. Test center staff are not permitted to collect and/or store devices.
- Personal items are not allowed in the testing room and will not be available to you during the test or during breaks. You may also be asked to empty your pockets. If you are a taking a computer-delivered test, you will be assigned a space to store your belongings, such as handbags and study materials. If you are taking a paper-delivered test, secure storage space will not be available at the test center, so please plan accordingly.
- Test centers assume no responsibility for your personal items.
- If you have health-related needs requiring you to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or extended breaks, you need to request accommodations in advance. Procedures for requesting accommodations are described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs (PDF).