Skip to Main Content
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093
Free Online Resources
- NavaED Facebook Live: We will be live every Tuesday from 5-6 PM ET for Praxis math on our Facebook page. These sessions usually run one hour, and participants can ask us specific questions during these sessions.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the Facebook live session for specific questions, or
- Engage in the comments section during the live session and we will complete specific problems.
- NavaED YouTube Channel: We also have a ton of math, English, and writing videos on our YouTube channel that can help with the Praxis Core.
About the Praxis II
The Praxis Series™ tests measure teacher candidates’ knowledge and skills. The tests are used for licensing and certification processes and include:
- Praxis II® Subject Assessments
These tests measure subject-specific content knowledge, as well as general and subject-specific teaching skills, that you need for beginning teaching. See Praxis II information.
- The subject assessments consist of select Alabama State Board of Education approved tests from the Praxis II: Subject Assessment series that are administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The tests measure subject-specific content knowledge needed by beginning teachers. To obtain more information about the Alabama approved Praxis II Subject Assessments, available test preparation materials, test dates and deadlines or to register for one or more of the tests, please click on the Web Link below.
ETS Praxis Web Site
Overview of Alabama Testing Requirements
Alabama's testing program has been adopted by the Alabama State Board of Education.
Effective September 1, 2012, the title of Alabama's testing program was changed from Alabama Prospective Teacher Testing Program (APTTP) to Alabama Educator Certification Testing Program (AECTP). The AECTP consists of the basic skills assessments and Praxis II® tests (content knowledge and pedagogical knowledge).
All applicants seeking certification in Alabama, as well as those reinstating an Alabama certificate that has lapsed for more than six months, must successfully complete the AECTP test requirements.