Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093
Write a five page minimum paper on an instructor approved music history related topic.
Your goal is to increase your audience's understanding and enjoyment of the music you are performing. Program notes should be as well researched as any other piece of writing you produce. You should consult standard music reference works in order to write an interesting and clear summary of your piece. Include note-worthy items, such as a dedication or an excerpt of a review that was published soon after the piece’s premiere to show how the work was received at that time.
- Evolution of style in Baroque Period
- Evolution of style in early Classical Period
- Elements of music in 17th century
- Elements of music in 18th century
- Characteristics of music of Ludwig van Beethoven
- Characteristics of vocal music in 19th century
- Historical context of musical style
- Things to listen for in certain composers
Information Literacy Librarian
Dr. Natasha Jenkins
, Criminal Justice
, Library 101
, Political Science
, Social Work
, Visual Arts