Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093
Write a 5-7 page paper on an instructor-approved music history-related topic.
This guide provides information about the LWLC's resources, how to search for and within them, how to evaluate sources, as well as how to cite sources.
- Elements of music in the Ancient World
- Key characteristics of the music of the early Christian church
- Elements of Gregorian chant and its use in the Mass
- Developments of Gregorian chant in the beginning era of polyphony
- Elements of 14th century musical practices in France, Italy, and emerging English and Burgundian schools
- Evolution of style in the Renaissance Period
- Evolution of style in Baroque Period
- Historical context of musical style
- Things to listen for in certain composers
Electronic Resources/Serials Services Librarian