Skip to main content
Types of Program Nootes
- Information about the concert and its performers (date, place, names, instruments or voice types
- Information on the works being performed - title (including opus or work numbers, keys, etc), movement names
Basic information + combinations of items below
- Context of the work historically and in music history
- Context of the work in relation to the composer's life and work
- Description of the work
- Descriptions of particular terms - such as "scherzo" or "langsam"
- What will the work sound like or what should the listener listen for
- Translations of the work
- Description of composer
- What is the feeling behind the music that the audience should experience?
- What was the composer's mood while working?
- Description of the musical piece
- Evolution of style during particular period
- Elements of music in 17th century
- Elements of music in 18th century
- How do elements from a previous century's music relate to today's listeners?
- Characteristics from particular time period
- Characteristics of music of specific composer
- Historical context of musical style
- Things to listen for in certain composers
- Description of performer
- What are performer's thoughts about this particular composer's music?
Electronic Resources/Serials Services Librarian
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093