Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093
Types of Program Nootes
- Information about the concert and its performers (date, place, names, instruments or voice types
- Information on the works being performed - title (including opus or work numbers, keys, etc), movement names
Basic information + combinations of items below
- Context of the work historically and in music history
- Context of the work in relation to the composer's life and work
- Description of the work
- Descriptions of particular terms - such as "scherzo" or "langsam"
- What will the work sound like or what should the listener listen for
- Translations of the work
- Description of composer
- What is the feeling behind the music that the audience should experience?
- What was the composer's mood while working?
- Description of the musical piece
- Evolution of style during particular period
- Elements of music in 17th century
- Elements of music in 18th century
- How do elements from a previous century's music relate to today's listeners?
- Characteristics from particular time period
- Characteristics of music of specific composer
- Historical context of musical style
- Things to listen for in certain composers
- Description of performer
- What are performer's thoughts about this particular composer's music?
Virtual Tour of LWLC (Music)
Virtual tour of the Levi Watkins Learning Center providing brief overview of services and showing locations of music-related materials. Text: NF, video: NF, RS
Electronic Resources/Serials Services Librarian