Skip to Main Content
View this page in a format suitable for printers and screen-readers or mobile devices.
915 South Jackson Street • Montgomery, Alabama 36101 • (334) 604-9093
Write a 5-7 page paper on an instructor-approved music history-related topic.
This guide provides information about the LWLC's resources, how to search for and within them, how to evaluate sources, as well as how to cite sources.
- Elements of music in the Ancient World
- Key characteristics of the music of the early Christian church
- Elements of Gregorian chant and its use in the Mass
- Developments of Gregorian chant in the beginning era of polyphony
- Elements of 14th century musical practices in France, Italy, and emerging English and Burgundian schools
- Evolution of style in the Renaissance Period
- Evolution of style in Baroque Period
- Historical context of musical style
- Things to listen for in certain composers
Electronic Resources/Serials Services Librarian